Loss Prevention Ideas at Home:
- Make sure you have adequate, functioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in all homes.
- Maintain steps, railings & decks, in order to insure the safety of your family, guests and tenants.
- Make sure your yard is properly graded with no holes or hidden defects that may cause injury to an unsuspecting visitor.
- Do not own an aggressive dog or any other pet. Be sure that all animals are properly cared for and restrained. Do not allow tenants on your property to harbor or own aggressive pets.
- Keep gutters in good working order, draining water well away from a structure’s foundation.
- Wood stoves should be properly installed and regularly inspected to make sure they are in proper working order.